The December 5th SUTA work party is cancelled due to the current
We’ll keep the future work party dates on the schedule and will monitor the current situation as those dates approach and will post reminders or notifications about any changes.
CANCELLED > > > >WORK PARTY ~ Saturday, December 5, 2020
Where: Little Applegate Trailhead. This month we will be working on maintenance from the Little Applegate trailhead toward Tunnel Ridge. We’ll be doing light maintenance and tread repairs as needed. If we have enough volunteers, a smaller group may also jump ahead to work on the Little Applegate bypass. Expect to hike about 4-5 miles total for the day. Looking forward to seeing you all! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have some additional restrictions and requirements so we can all stay safe. It is also possible that we would need to cancel a work party due to additional state/county restrictions, so be sure to watch for emails, Facebook posts, and the SUTA website with any updates. For this year we will institute the following procedures:
- Everyone wears masks (no exceptions) when we’re gathering and when we can’t be safely distanced while working.
- No tool sharing (at least not w/o cleaning first) – everyone will choose their tools in the morning and stick with those for the entire day
- SUTA will provide pre-wrapped snacks (energy bars, etc) and bottled water but we won’t be able to provide lunch since we haven’t figured out a way to safely serve everyone. If you would like to socialize afterwards, bring your own lunch and we can spread out at the trailhead after the work party is over
- If there are enough volunteers, we will split into smaller groups to make it a little easier to maintain social distances.
When: Saturday, December 5, 2020 8:30AM-1:30PM
What: Trail maintenance on the Sterling Mine Ditch Trail involves cutting or digging out encroaching vegetation, and widening the trail tread in some areas. We cancel only if heavy rain or snow is forecast. What to Bring: Wear comfortable hiking or work boots, work gloves, and dress in layers. Bring water and whatever special snacks you may need—SUTA volunteers will provide pre-wrapped snacks! SUTA provides tools, but if you have a favorite lopper or pruning saw, bring them.
RSVP: If you plan to come, please email SUTAoregoncontact@gmail.com so we can plan the work party and snacks! Thank you!
Thank you for helping us keep these community trails open for use!
Trail Work Party Schedule for Winter/Spring 2021:
- January 9, 2021
- February 13 (Presidents Day weekend)
- March 13
- April 10